There is no doubt that I love to teach.
I’ve taught a variety of subjects during this lifetime starting with various paid employment including teaching reading, writing, and life skills at Ivy Tech and University of Southern Indiana. For eleven years I taught journal writing both live and online.
Now I teach fabric surface design. These classes include Marbling, Indigo Dyeing, Sun Printing, Easy And Fun Silk Scarf Dyeing, Inspirational Prayer Flags, Painted Zip Bags, Tie Dyeing, Leaf Printing and Art Sampler: And Introduction To Printing On Fabric here in Southern Indiana.
Currently I am only offering one online class – Icy Delights.
My Icy Delights class will teach the following:
- You will learn 3 different ways to ice dye so you can choose the technique that gives you the results you want.
- You will learn dyeing safety precautions and the complete ice dyeing process including my dye calculator, to take the guesswork out of figuring out how much dye to use.
- I’ve included pictures of how the colors split of 45 different colors I’ve ice dyed. This list will save you from buying colors that may not give you the results you want.
- You will immediately be able combine pleasing colors with my favorite color combos list. But with the master list, you’ll be able to create you own easily too.
- You will also learn which are the best dyes to control color splitting.
- You will receive detailed information about the supplies I use, and a supply checklist, making it easier for you to get started.
- To keep you organized, you’ll receive a worksheet to keep notes on your dyeing sessions.
- Lastly, in the pattern section you will learn over 11 different folding and clamping techniques to really show off your ice dyeing skills.
I recently closed the classroom, but the class is still available through this website for the reduced price of $25. Instead of a classroom, all pdfs will be sent directly to you to download. You will be able to access the videos on a password protected page here. If you are interested in more information, or would like to register, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.