Another week has come and gone. I believe I’m making progress!
The biggest accomplishment of this week was finally completing my Indiana SAQA CoronArt piece: COVID: Embracing the Positives. Last year, 2020, was a difficult year. But in spite of the isolation, the fear of this devastation virus, and seeing all of the pain and suffering, positives showed up. My gardening, art, our daily walks, genealogy, and more helped me through 2020, and gave me hope that we will get to the other side. The piece will be on it’s way this week for a show in April. This 20 x 20 inch quilt has been pretty much done since December, but I still had to sew the facing, the sleeve, and the label. I stressed so much about the facing, but am really happy about it now.
I also finished that SAQA Collaborative project too which is due tomorrow. I’ve had so much fun with it, that I can’t wait for this next month’s challenge. Again, I can’t show you it yet.
I spent some more time working in the asparagus patch. I still have quite a bit of cleanup to do, but at least I’ve got a start. And then the Lenten Roses really showed their faces. I love that they come out early, letting us know that Spring will be coming.
This past week I also did something I’ve only done a couple times in my life – cut hair! Dave had let his hair grow since the start of COVID, and decided he would like me to cut it for him. The last time I cut a man’s hair was back in college – we are talking more years than I want to admit! After cutting his hair, my friend Joe never asked me to cut it again!! Anyway, Dave bought a hair trimmers, and after I cut the real long pieces with a scissors, he was on his way to a new look! I was quite surprised at the outcome. He was really happy, which was the most important thing. “Customers” need to be happy!
I’ve been using the curtain that hangs in the opening of my closet as a design wall, and it just isn’t convenient. So, I’ve been researching different design wall options, and decided to use a canvas I had painted years ago. I found it at the back of my closet when I was organizing a couple weeks ago. I covered it with batting and then flannel. Dave stapled it to the frame, and now I have this design wall. I can hang it on my door or use it as a portable wall.
That’s all for this week. Would love to hear what you’re up to. Comment below or add you blog post to the linky party. Have a great week!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
You did a great job on Dave’s hair! I’m impressed!
Bruce bought hair clippers last year, and I tried them once, just to tame his sideburns. Soon as he was able to, I sent him to the barber… some things are best left to professionals! 😉
I admire your Lenten Roses. I’m going to check on their ability to grow here, and what type of environment they need to thrive. Maybe, next year, I’ll have some beautiful blooms too. I’m sure you’re glad to have a couple more projects off the ‘to be done’ list. I have 3 small quilts to finish binding before I do this week’s post, lol.
Judy, Thanks! It was so easy. I was surprised, and he’s been so happy with it.
Luann, They are so easy to grow (they like some shade) and I love how they come out first. Here is a link to where we bought a few (I bought the others locally). Scroll down the page to Helleborus. The black – dark and handsome – is calling my name!! https://www.plantdelights.com/collections/plants-that-start-with-h Yes, glad to have them done. Now to work on taxes. I hate binding so I can’t imagine doing 3 this week!! I’ll be waiting for your post!!