This is my second year to donate an art quilt to the SAQA Auction. The 2021 auction will take place online from September 10 through October 3. Here is the link to the auction. You can go to the link now to view pieces that have been received. They will receive mine later this week.
My quilt is called United.
The background of this piece is one of those 61 colors I dyed. The blue stripes are from all of the black on white fabric I dyed turquoise recently. The circle is cut from some scrappy fabric I made recently. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of it before I cut into it. Here is a tutorial on how to make it in case you are interested.
Here is a closeup. I sewed around and around to make sure it all stayed together and down! I added a button just for fun.
It took awhile to come together, but was happy when it did. I sure hope it finds a good home.
Meanwhile, everything is blooming. The Beckys really put on a show today. I had just split some last summer and planted them there.
These pretty Echinceas that were just planted last year have really taken off.
Then we have this one that we bought last year, planted, and it bloomed yellow even though it was suppose to be white. This year the blooms are green! The plant company did send us a refund!
Well, that’s all for now. I’ll be posting soon about the garden flag, and some sun printing from last week. Have a good rest of the weekend.